The main fabric for the tablecloth was only 2 m x 1 m (that's the exact size of the table top.) Definitely not enough for a quilt tablecloth, so I matched it with two greens and a yellow one.
For those not familiar with quilt making, I put below the exact amount of fabrics used for this tablecloth (61 inch x 100 inch):
- fabric with Easter patterns for the top: 2 m (110 cm wide );
- green and yellow fabrics for the top: 60 cm (150 cm wide ) each - in total: 1,8 m (150 cm wide );
- backing fabric : 2.6 m (150 cm wide );
- violet fabricfor binding and for widening the backing : 60 cm (150 cm wide );
- polyester batting 80 g thermoadhesive - 2.6 m (180 cm wide ).
Total: 7 meters of fabric and 2.6 m of batting. A lot, right? That's patchwork....
The single-colored stripes I free motion quilted with flowers and leaves, and the patterned rectangles - with meander quilting. I chose the multicolored pastel thread Saba Amann - it gives a discreet multicolor effect .
And before that, I made two plate mats. It wasn't easy at the beginning to match the stripes when piecing curves, but after seam ripping the first one I did it.
And before that I made a herd of hens - not quilted but quite colorful.
Happy Easter !