Sunday, 5 March 2017

Orange me

Until March 24, you can visit in Creativity Centre, Targowa 56, Warsaw (near Kiltowo shop !) a collective quilts exhibition "Orange me," organized by the Polish Quilt Association and Fiskars. Two my quilts are exhibited there.



I did not have much time, but I wanted to take part, because orange is my favorite color. So I made a hollow cubes quilt.




It's an aplique quilt. Striking, but not entirely mine. So I made a second quilt: in half a day time ! It was on last day for submition works for the exhibition, so I had not much time for designing and even less for sewing and quilting. But I made it ! And this quilt is very mine. I love it.



This quilt contains variations of my favorite traditiona quilt blocks: Ohio Star (mainly), Churn Dash, Jacobs Ladder and Log cabin. It was made differently than usual: without a whole pattern, from fabric samples . It's a sampler quilt lik my first patchwork. And that's probably why I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment