Quick Strata Star

I have a long list of things to do, all of them urgent, so what do I do? The thing that I do not have on my list :



It's Strata Star. It looks very impressive, but it's quick and simple: the starting point are stripes. 

I took six different fabrics (3 batiks and three greens). From each of them I cut out 4 strips width of 1.5 inches. I made from them 4 identical blocks WOF consisting of 6 stripes sewn in the same configuration.

From those blocks I cut out: 8 triangles of 6.5 inches and 4 right-angled triangles f 4 inches high - starting from the top; 8 triangles of 6.5 inches and 4 right-angled triangles f 4 inches high - starting from the bottom.




I cut them alternately, it's easier to do all this than to describe it. The best for or cutting is a large square ruler, but you can also use an long one, you just have to be careful to cut 45 degree angle and to have both sides of the same lenght.




Them I sewed  them as follows: 


So as to obtain four such pieces:



Then all those four pieces I sewed together.


And the top is now waiting to be finished. Probably without bias, because I still cannot finished the previous one made with bias - the shape of it is so irregular and small that I have to sew it by hand - I stitch both sides if bias at he same time. I don't know when I finish it because it's really borring.