Tuesday, 23 August 2016

Motocross love quilt

Love quilt for motorcycles' lover. Small quilt but very demanding - never before I had so many troubles with quilt sewing. 



I wanted to make a love quilt with traditional quilt blocks. I chose beautiful and  simple block Jacob's Ladder. But I was in a hurry and  made mistakes when cutting elements for this blocks so I had to modify the pattern. The new one is quite good, but I ran out of some elements. I replaced them with a chevron fabric and I will insist that this is an intended effect of trace of motorcycle tires.

Next steps and further problems: no batting (I used a leece blanket from IKEA), the backing was too small  (I had stich the binding differently)  and not enough fabric for the binding  (I used leftovers from other projects).
But fortunately this is a child quilt, and children don't pay attention to such details. And that's why I love to sew for kids! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment