Saturday, 24 October 2015

The most challenging quilt finished !

It took me a long time to finish this quilt  but not suprisingly as the whole quilt is sewn and quilted by hand. It's the my largest quilt - more than 4 square metres. I've decided to enter in  Blogger's Quilt Festival into the category of hand quilted.



The quilt's dimensions are 82 inch per 86 inch. I suspect  that because of those dimensions quilting it on the home sewing machine could  have been more difficult than quilting it by hand. Hand quilted, it looks great !


And here are  evidences of  hand sewing and quilting:


And a short pictorial reminder of how it was created:

cutting hexies
more than 1000 hexies

pattern creation
150 flowers

pieced flowers
hand quilted flowers
border's quilting
ideal quilt 
You can vote for it from 29 October to 5 November by clicking on the heart in the corner of the picture at Blogger's Quilt Festival Hand Quilted Quilts Category. If you like my quilt - please vote for it !