Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Olle Eksell's children drawings

I saw at the IKEA a very interesting fabric with the designs of the Swedish designer Olle Eksell. Although it was not a quilting fabric, I bought it because I know that I would create a wonderful quilt from it. I added another black & white graphic fabric from IKEA plus three solids and here is a final effect of it: 


And here are the original fabrics from IKEA:


They are really destinated to be used in a quilt, are they?




The hardest part was to design the pattern and to calculate dimensions of the rectangles with pictures and to border them with plain stripes of the same width ( it looks better with the same width of borders). And I had to stick to  the original drawings. But it came out pretty well.


For the backing I used another IKEA graphic fabric (thin one) with words: