Cut-out...

... or something from (almost) nothing. This almost nothing was a very nice children bed linen  fabric, which became after cutting a base for two baby blankets: one large with vehicles and the smaller one  with aircrafts.


And  here is a photo of the this bed linen fabric before cutting :


I cut out all the vehicles from the backgroung  and separated the borders. Then I added four different chevron fabrics to create the bigger blanket with vehiclesThis time Iused a synthetic batting (though I prefer a cotton one - which is  more durable and easier to quilt).

 
And from the aircrafts left I made the additional smaller blanket with a blue marble background as the sky. I added a thin cotton batting and machine free motion quilted it