Saturday, 7 March 2015

Tulips for kids

After the work on the geometric blue, white and black bed cover, I had some small blue squares in different shadows left. I added  a very nice blue - green tulips fabric. I wanted to create a colourful chaos like mosaic, but it came out more "politely".







To overcome this I added "enriching" circles, as used previously in the purple – pink blanket. I added as well stems (possibility to use the bias binding tape maker). All appliqués (circles stems) are hand sewn. 


 
I quilted by hand (unfortunately, quilting is not as good visible on tulips as on a solid background). But quilting around the appliqués looks perfectly!