Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Vintage fabrics

This  table runner  was made from a  kit. When I saw the fabrics, I couldn't resist buying it. The pattern: circles and squares was compelling as well.

 



The fabrics  are from the  "Antique Fair" collection by Moda Fabrics. I changed a little original pattern to enlarge the circles  - I find bigger circles more proportional.








And here is the whole table runner:

The circles are machine sewn with interfacing and hand attached to the background squares. Its a very simply method but not perfect, as the interfacing may be seen on the edges.

I hand  quilted  the runner around the applique, so on the wrong side it looks also good. Binding and backing fabric are colour matched and came from  "La Petite Ecole Moda collection.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment