Optimistic modern rainbow

This wall hanging is for those in the blues. So optimistic and energetic that looking at it may make dependant.  I made it from the free pattern posted at the Missouri Star Quilt webside - I have modified the dimensions of borders - it looks more proporcional. 




The dimensions are 59 by 59 inches. Modifying original pattern allowed me to use for this project only one Kona solid jelly roll (originally it should be one jelly roll and one charm pack).  And the result is equally impressive.  In addition to that Kona solid jelly roll I used 1 yard of a graphite solid Kona for borders and binding. The final effect of that project depends on the jelly roll itself  - I used the  Kona solid cold dust (although it is quite bright for dusty colours). I had a lot of fun with selection and division of the strips for single blocks - as all strips have to mu used, some twice, it was a kind of puzzle but with many possible solutions.  The quiltis hand-quilted with a multi-colored thread.